Winstrol of Stanozolol is one of the most popular steroids within bodybuilding circles. Since it is one of the few steroids that can be used for both gaining muscle and burning fat, it comes second only to Dianabol in terms of popularity.
Winstrol or Winny (as it is commonly known) can help you gain lean muscle without increasing water weight. In other words, it is a steroid that can help you get an aesthetic body with a Photoshop effect!
It not only helps you gain muscle but also helps burn fat. It is also known to increase strength and enhance vascularity.
Since it is an oral anabolic, it is likely to put excessive strain on your liver. There are many more side effects that can occur because of this steroid. You can find out more about Winstrol benefits and side effects in this article.
This article takes you through various Winstrol cycles, including stacks that you can use for achieving various bodybuilding goals related to both bulking and cutting.
Let’s begin with the Winstrol-only cycle:
Winstrol Only Cycle for Beginners
Even though Winstrol is not a steroid that should be used by beginners, here’s a protocol that you may observe if you are hell-bent on using it without having any prior experience with steroids:
Moreover, it is recommended that you must have Fish oil (4mg/day) throughout this cycle in order to reduce its effect on your cholesterol levels to ensure better cardiac health. For liver support, it is recommended that you have a TUDCA supplement (500mg per day).
More about this cycle
The dosage mentioned above is quite conservative. This is the dosage that was initially popular when Winstrol was launched. Compared to what bodybuilders of the current time consume, this is a very light cycle. In other words, it can be just great for a newbie or beginner.
This cycle can help you gain a considerable amount of lean muscle (usually up to 10lbs), while decreasing body fat quite significantly.
This is what makes Winstrol quite appealing to most bodybuilders – it can ensure muscle gains and fat loss at the same time, a feat that not many anabolic steroids can boast of.
However, Winstrol is a harsh steroid that can lead to a lot of negative side effects and one of such side effects is testosterone suppression. Even though at 10mg per day is a low dosage, it is quite possible that you may experience a slowdown in your endogenous testosterone production.
Hence, it is more than important to plan a PCT beforehand.
Hence, Nolvadex is recommended for restoring your natural testosterone production. (40mg for 45 days).
Winstrol Only Cycle for Intermediates
Here’s a cycle for those bodybuilders who have already used Winstrol or other anabolic steroids such as Testosterone or Anavar earlier.
As you can see from above, you may have 20 mg of Winstrol per day for the first two weeks and then later increase the daily dosage to 25mg per day for the rest of the cycle (from 3rd week to 6th week).
Since the dosage is increased quite considerably, you are more likely to experience better muscle gains and fat loss at the same time.
Likewise, the risk associated with side effects is also going to increase significantly. Thus, for cardiac support, it is recommended that you have a fish oil supplement (4mg/day) throughout the cycle and also have a TUDCA supplement (500mg per day) for liver support.
This cycle is likely to ensure complete body transformation within a few weeks.
However, it is likely to suppress testosterone in a big way and thus, you need to take Nolvadex for at least 45 days post-cycle.
Legal Winstrol Alternative
WinCut from Brutal Force is our #1 rated Winstrol alternative that can help you get excellent results from your workouts.
- mimics Winstrol
- increase lean muscle
- enhances strength
- cuts and hardens muscle
- speeds up recovery
- can be used by both men and women
- has zero side effects
WinCut can be stacked with other legal steroids from Brutal Force for even better results. It comes with a complete money-back guarantee too. Click on the button below to read my WinCut review:
Winstrol and Testosterone Cycle
Combining Winstrol and Testosterone is a stack can help you get outstanding results whether it relates to bulking or cutting.
Having said that, it is important to keep in mind that Testosterone converts to estrogen very quickly and as such this cycle is likely to result in water retention to some extent. Thus, this cycle is more inclined towards bulking.
Here are some things to keep in mind with regards to this cycle:
- When Winstrol is cycled along with Testosterone, you are likely to gain substantial muscle and strength gains.
- Testosterone is not a harsh steroid. What it means is that Winstrol’s toxicity won’t be drastically elevated in this cycle.
- Gynecomastia becomes a possibility because of testosterone aromatizing into estrogen.
- Testosterone suppression also becomes a cause of concern in this cycle.
- A SERM such as Anastrozole may be used in order to block the conversion of testosterone into estrogen in order to prevent gynecomastia. However, one of the major problems associated with SERMs is that they can elevate blood pressure to high-risk levels.
- Since testosterone is usually taken as an injectable, it is not the best choice for people who want to avoid injections or needles.
Since both Winstrol and Testosterone are suppressive in nature, a more aggressive PCT is required to help restore endogenous testosterone production in your body. Thus, it is recommended to combine both Clomid and hCG to get your natural testosterone production back to its normal levels.
Testosterone is an injectable steroid, thus it isn’t an ideal cycle for those wanting to avoid needles.
We find a more aggressive PCT is needed with this cycle to kickstart natural testosterone production. The duo of Clomid and HCG has also been used in research to treat hypogonadism by Dr. Michael Scally with much success.
Here’s the suggested dosage:
- HCG – 2000 IU every alternative day for 20 days
- Clomid – 100 mg per day for 30 days
Winstrol and Anadrol Cycle
Winstrol and Anadrol are two very different steroids. Winstrol is a dry or cutting steroid that is known to burn fat and flush out extracellular water from the muscle cells, giving you a ripped and shredded look.
Anadrol, on the other hand, is a bulking steroid that often leads to considerable fluid retention in the body.
Thus, combining the two seems rather unusual and yet there are bodybuilders who successfully cycle these two steroids together right before a competition in order to get a ripped, dry and full body!
(One of the problems with Winstrol is that it can flush out a lot of water from your body and this may make your muscles look less fuller. Thus, throwing Anadrol in the stack can help you gain some water back that may make your muscles look fuller!)
However, there’s a catch involved since Anadrol can make you retain a lot of water.
Thus, the trick is to cut down on your sodium intake. This will prevent the water-ballooning effect of Anadrol.
Anadrol is a steroid that it highly estrogenic and leads to excessive water retention making your muscle look smooth.
Having said that, when it is used diligently with a low-sodium diet it can give you an edge over other competitors (who look glucogen-depleted) by making your muscles look huge and full onstage.
- Even when you are in a calorie deficit, this stack can help you build muscle and burn fat at the same time.
- If you are, however, not cutting then this stack can still help you gain massive muscles and strength because of the powerful nature of Anadrol.
Winstrol and Anadrol are two of the most toxic oral steroids that you can lay your hands on. What it also means is that combining these two in a cycle increases the severity of side effects manifold.
- This stack is likely to raise your blood pressure and cholesterol levels to high-risk category
- It can also increase AST/ALT liver enzymes to dangerous levels increasing inflammation of the liver.
- Gynecomastia becomes a major cause of concern on this cycle because of the presence of Anadrol. However, aromatase inhibitors are likely to be ineffective in this case because Anadrol does not convert testosterone to estrogen. What it actually does is that it stimulates the estrogen receptors directly. Thus, a SERM like Nolvadex may be recommended.
- Testosterone shutdown is inevitable on this cycle. Thus, you need a powerful PCT to get your testosterone production back to its normal levels.
Since this is a very harsh cycle, it should not be extended beyond 6 weeks.
Winstrol and Trenbolone Cycle
Even though I do not recommend taking steroids, from my own personal experience I can say that Winstrol and Trenbolone cycles are extremely toxic. This combination of two powerful anabolics is not for everyone.
This is a stack that only the most advanced and experienced bodybuilders can use.
Both Winstrol and Trenbolone can transform your body in a very short period of time. What is unique about this stack is that both Winstrol and Trenbolone come with muscle-building and fat-burning properties. Thus, this is a stack that can help you look ripped to the core.
Here’s a little comparison between the two steroids:
|Taken orally||Injectable steroid|
|Increases Muscle||More significant muscle gains as compared to Winstrol|
|Harsh on the body in terms of side effects||Harsher in terms of side effects as compared to Winstrol|
Here are some important things to keep in mind while cycling Winstrol and Trenbolone:
- This is a stack that is for advanced bodybuilders who are experienced steroid users.
- This cycle is just for 6 weeks to ensure the least possible side effects.
- However, you may extend the duration of this cycle to 8 weeks if you can tolerate these steroids well and want to make further gains.
- At the beginning of the 5th week, Trenbolone dose is increased by 50% to 225mg (per week). If you are concerned about the side effects or if you find that your cholesterol levels or liver enzyme spike during this period then it is best not to increase or even stop taking Tren.
- This cycle is likely to result in a big spike in LDL cholesterol levels and thus, it may result in a massive increase in blood pressure.
- It can also damage HPTA resulting in a complete shutdown of endogenous testosterone in your body.
- Androgenic side effects such as oily skin, acne, hair loss, etc. are also very common on this cycle. Those who are prone to getting them are likely to experience these side effects even more.
- Trenbolone side effects include gynecomastia because of increasing progesterone levels in your body. AI or Aromatase Inhibitor can be effective in preventing gynecomastia resulting from an increase in progesterone levels.
- Using AI, however, can further elevate your blood pressure. You must use it only when you see puffiness or swelling in the nipples.
Winstrol and Clenbuterol Cycle
Clenbuterol is not a steroid but it is a powerful fat burner. It’s not surprising that bodybuilders often cycle it along with cutting steroids such as Winstrol or Anavar.
There’s not much information available on how effective Clenbuterol is when it comes to gaining muscle mass. Anecdotal evidence shows minimal to no muscle gains with it.
However, research on animals has shown that Clen can increase lean muscle in horses.
Clenbuterol is likely to have serious side effects when it comes to your heart and this is why the above cycle shows a lower dosage of Winstrol (20mg instead of 25mg per day).
- Combining Clen and Winny can push your metabolism through the roof resulting in quick and massive fat loss.
- Since Clenbuterol is not a steroid, there’s no risk of testosterone suppression, gynecomastia, or androgenic side effects like acne, hair loss, etc.
- However, heart rate and blood pressure may spike to dangerous levels and you need to keep a check on your blood pressure when on this cycle.
- Make it a point to constantly monitor your blood pressure when in this cycle and increase Clenbuterol dosage only when your BP is within the normal range. If your BP is too high, do not increase the Clen dosage. This is because Clen can lead to arrhythmia in users.
Winstrol and Anavar Cycle
Anavar is quite similar to Winstrol. Just like Winstrol, an Anavar cycle can also be used for cutting. Furthermore, both these steroids come with muscle-building and fat-burning effects.
However, Winstrol is more powerful than Anavar(Check out Winstrol vs Anavar by clicking here). It not only helps you get better results but also increases the severity of side effects.
While Winstrol is more affordable, Anavar is quite expensive.
The only positive advantage of Anavar over Winstrol is that it is comparatively safer in terms of side effects. Not only this, but it is also the only anabolic steroid that can be used by women without fearing virilization (Check out more on Anavar for women by clicking here).
Since both these steroids produce similar results, combining them further enhances the results whether it relates to burning fat, increasing strength or gaining lean muscle mass.
You will see your strength levels go through the roof.
One of the biggest positives of this cycle is that the presence of Anavar in it can help you get a fuller and more pumped look. It is worth noting that Winstrol often makes your muscles look flat because of the loss of intracellular fluid. Anavar tends to solve this issue by increasing cellular volume.
- Since Anavar is processed by both your liver and the kidneys, it is only mildly toxic to the liver. Thus, a TUDCA supplement should be sufficient to handle liver toxicity.
- While Testosterone suppression is moderate on Anavar, Winstrol is likely to result in a greater degree of suppression requiring you to plan a PCT beforehand.
- Cholesterol levels are likely to rise to a higher level when on this stack as compared to having Winstrol alone.
- Gynecomastia is not likely to occur.
Winstrol is quite a harsh steroid and stacking it with other anabolics can compound the severity of side effects. Thus, you must be very careful when stacking Winstrol with other steroids. If you want to try something natural that can mimic Winstrol without its side effects, you must consider trying WinCut from Brutal Force. It is 100% legal, safe and effective. Above all, it can be used by both men and women.
Tanveer Quraishi, author of Steroids 101 has extensive experience in the field of bodybuilding and has been writing online on various muscle-building and other health topics for many years now. He is not just interested in bodybuilding but is a great football player too. When he is not writing for his site or training at the gym, he loves to spend his time with this wife and kids.